Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anusha__v
Helper I
Helper I

Power Automate licenses

Hi,
I have a question regarding the Power BI & Power Automate licenses. My power Bi license is a Pro type and I want to create an automate alert email through Power Automate.
should I have a Pro or a Premium PBI license to use power Automate?
Should the creator of the Power Automate flow only have a pro license in order every subscribed user to receive and open the  file, or every subscribed to the automate report user needs to have a Premium license
Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Power BI Pro licenses allow you to upload content to Power BI workspaces and to publish apps to users (who don't need Pro licenses if the workspace is on a Premium capacity).

Power Automate Premium licenses are required to consume premium connectors like a SQL server database table connection.  Every user who wants to run that flow needs a Power Automate Premium license regardless if they have a Power BI Pro license or not.

Power Platform and Power BI sadly have a totally different licensing schema, and it does not look like they will be converging any time soon.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors