Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

nancyLC

Power Automate Refresh - Your operation has been throttled

Hi everyone! 

I've recently ran into a problem where my Power Automate flow will fail when it gets to the PowerBI Refresh a Dataset step. The error is: "Looks like your flow's operation is hitting an action limit designed to protect the connector service being called."

My question is that when I checked the connector limits (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/powerbi/#limits), the throttling limit looks to be 100 calls per 60 seconds - so why is this happening when my flow is only running once every half-hour or so? And why has this error been appearing constantly only in the past few days when it ran smoothly for the few weeks before, with no changes made to the flow? 

Any insight is appreciated! 

2 REPLIES 2
nancyLC

Hi @v-xiaotang, thanks for your reply! I understand that there are limits to how many API calls can be done to the connector - but in this case, it is the dataset refresh for PowerBI and as far as I can see on https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/powerbi/#limits, I am definitely not reaching this throttling limit. 

nancyLC_0-1667147140686.png

Am I misunderstanding this information? Is there a total maximum API calls for the PowerBI dataset refresh? 

v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nancyLC 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

please refer to this post Solved: Power BI Data Set Refresh flow stopped working - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

If the post doesn't solve your problem, we recommend posting on Power Automate Community for more professional help.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors