Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DataStraine
Advocate I
Advocate I

Pipeline Publishing Blank Dataset with Desktop Based Files

My team is in the process of moving to a properly managed pipeline for development. When we tried to deploy one of the our reports that has data managed on desktop from Test to Production the deployed report comes back blank and is unable to be refreshed. After trying some work around (publishing the dataset directly to production) I think I found the cause, but I have no idea how to fix it. The underlying metadata is changing the file location when deployed where it is capitalizing C:/Users among other naming changes. Does anyone know how to fix this? See image

DataStraine_0-1685657536713.png

1 REPLY 1
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @DataStraine 

One possible reason for this could be that the file path is not set up correctly. You can try checking the file path and ensure that it is set up correctly. Additionally, you can try removing any unnecessary filters or slicers to simplify the scenario. You can also try publishing the dataset directly to production.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors