Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pin to dashboard works for some visuals and not for others

I pinned visuals from different reports into one Dashboard and everything worked fine.

However, since yesterday, when I click 'pin' on a visual (a bar chart) it does not do anything (there is no pop-up that appears for adding it to a new or existing dashboard). For table visuals, it seems to work fine.

The same visuals which I was able to pin earlier are also having the same issue. 

Is there an issue with PBI service?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Tutu_in_YYC
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar
12 REPLIES 12
Schiszler_I
Frequent Visitor

Same issue. Out of 3 card visuals I can only pin one to the dashboard. All of them have the same formatting, only the displayed measures are different.

davidmccann94
Frequent Visitor

Hi all,

I encountered the exact same issue this morning. Appears to be a recent bug but there is a workaround (answered in link below) which I've tested.

If you remove the title of your visual in your report and republish it, you will then be able to pin the visual to the dashboard.

Solved: Re: Pin Visual Not Working - Microsoft Power BI Community

Tutu_in_YYC
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

That solved it for me!

PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

I've reported it on the issues forum:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Pnning-visuals-to-dashboards-bug/idi-p/2880935#M87491 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

Thanks, Paul!

Emergent

Same issue here.  Pinning works for table visuals and images, but not for bar/line charts.  

Does anyone know how to escalate to Microsoft to have them resolve it?   thanks

ch457

I am having the same issue - I seem to be allowed to pin an entire report to a dashboard, however, when I click on pin visual for a specific chart within the report, there is no pop-up appearing for me to select which dashboard to pin it to. I've read the documentation here Pin a tile to a Power BI dashboard from a report - Power BI | Microsoft Learn and don't think there seems to be an explanation for why this might be occurring. May be a glitch with the service unless I'm missing something?

I am having a similar problem.

I can pin text boxes, but any charts cannot be pinned anymore. The "pin" prompt comes up but any time I click "pin" the box just stays open and nothing happens, whether an existing dashboard or creating a new one.

pic1.pngpic2.png

v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

By my tests, I can't reproduce your issue in my site.

vzhangti_1-1667282840042.png

You can learn this article to learn how to pin a tile to dashboard, particularly take a look at the Considerations and Limitations section. Note that you can't pin tiles from reports that are shared with you.
Pin a tile to a Power BI dashboard from a report - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

What's more, for some special custom visual or slicer visual , it is not supported to pin to dashboard.

For reference:

Solved: Cannot pin text box tile to dashboard - Microsoft Power BI Community

Sparkline for Matrix and Table visuals needs pin i... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This problem started happening since the last 3-4 days. I pinned visuals (graphs) from multiple reports into a dashboard and it worked. But cannot pin the same visuals into the dashboard anymore. Hence the problem does not seem to be becuase of the limitation of the pinned visuals. it looks like the problem is with PBI service.

Also, unable to pin new visuals to a dashboard.

diogobraga
Regular Visitor

I am experiencing the same issue. What is the solution? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.