Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

bi_small_potato

Personal Mode Gateway MySQL Fail to Update Credentials

I had trying to use personal mode gateway to connect to MySQL database but i try to sign in using the credentials it always pop out the error that fail to update credentials as below:

bi_small_potato_0-1719029350713.png

Does anyone have ideas on this errors ? and any solution? I had no problem with the on premise gateway connection to the MySQL database but occur this errors only using the personal mode, and i need to use the personal mode due to i had one data source is using Python.  Or there is a way of i can use separate gateway to two data source for each report?  Previously when using MSSQL database , i had no any issue for both gateway connection.  Any experts can assist on this issue ? Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jianpeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Thank you @lbendlin , Here's what I found.

Hi, @bi_small_potato 

Due to the update of the gateway, MYSQL will no longer be supported in personal mode. You can find this update at the link below:

Add or remove a gateway data source - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

vjianpengmsft_0-1719197748035.png

You mentioned that you have a mix of MySQL and Python data sources, and here the official Power BI documentation proposes a solution:

Power Query MySQL database connector - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

vjianpengmsft_1-1719197880664.png

You can move your MySQL data sources to the cloud or use an enterprise gateway to resolve current credential update errors.

Best Regards

Jianpeng Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jianpeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Thank you @lbendlin , Here's what I found.

Hi, @bi_small_potato 

Due to the update of the gateway, MYSQL will no longer be supported in personal mode. You can find this update at the link below:

Add or remove a gateway data source - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

vjianpengmsft_0-1719197748035.png

You mentioned that you have a mix of MySQL and Python data sources, and here the official Power BI documentation proposes a solution:

Power Query MySQL database connector - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

vjianpengmsft_1-1719197880664.png

You can move your MySQL data sources to the cloud or use an enterprise gateway to resolve current credential update errors.

Best Regards

Jianpeng Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

thanks for the update.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

- confirm that your personal gateway is running while you attempt that

- go to the management interface at powerbi.com and refresh all credentials for that semantic model.

I had ensure that my personal gateway is running while my other reports which connect with the MSSQL is still working that using personal gateway. Currently, it occur the error when i try to sign in with the credentials. The credentials is the same as i filled in for the on-premise gateway. 

bi_small_potato_1-1719137595901.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.