Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

AlexaderMilland
Helper III
Helper III

Personal Mode Data Gateway often goes offline?

I have two data gateways installed on a remote server that is ALWAYS online doing SQL queries and stuff.

The normal gateway functions perfectly.

The personal gateway mode often says that it's offline/unreachable from the data refresh window on PBI service. 

When i log onto the remote server and check the personal gateway it says that is up and running, but I have to sign in again for it to actually work when trying to refresh data through it.

2 REPLIES 2
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @AlexaderMilland 

It's a good general practice to make sure you're using a supported version. We release a new update of the on-premises data gateway every month. Currently, Microsoft actively supports only the last six releases of the on-premises data gateway. If you're experiencing issues with the version you're using, try upgrading to the latest one as your issue may have been resolved in the latest version.

Troubleshoot the on-premises data gateway | Microsoft Learn

Solved: Personal Gateway is offline - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Upgrading does not resolve this issue. Happends randomly even with most up-to-date gateway. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors