Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

urtho
Regular Visitor

Personal GW says "You are good to go!" yet it does not show in as data source.

Hi,

Reinstalled Personal BI GW, restarted (x3). Done this on multiple computers and still none of the installed GWs show up in the apps.powerbi.com as data source 😞

Any ideas ?

Paweł,

7 REPLIES 7
urtho
Regular Visitor

Is there a paid support option for Power BI ?

ajanson
Advocate II
Advocate II

I have similar issue. I'm preparing workshops for my client and one of the most demanded functionality doesn't work 😞PowerBIGateway_Issue.png

Exacly the same issue here - Gateway and Manage Data Sources are grayed out 😞

AlongTheseLines
Advocate I
Advocate I

I have been getting inconsistent behavior when using the Publish button from within Desktop however if I use Get Data from the service to upload the desktop file it works ok...

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

It should not show as a data source, go to ellipses on a dashboard, click and choose Settings. In settings, choose Datasets, choose your dataset and over on the right you should see "Gateways" and your gateway should be listed there, unless it is a content pack like CRM Online and then you will not see your gateway because it is not needed. If you don't see your gateway here, it could be that Power BI does not think that it is necessary. What kind of data source do you have that you are trying to refresh?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi,

I'm getting a similar issue on one of my tenants. Installed the gateway run setup all ok. But the "Gateway" and "Data Source" options are greyed out on every data source.

I'm building the reports on a different domain. Not sure if that has any impact. Connection is just a SQL server connection.

Thanks 

I dont have any option to point to a gatway, mine just has the datasource as the sql url.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors