Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dramnath1981

Pass Date Slicer Value on a Calculated Column

I am trying to get a past date pending case count from a live database, based on the Date selected in the slicer. But what I have is not a daily snapshot to know what was the past status, but a live database. For example, a case might be closed yesterday which was created last month. Since that case was pending and not closed as of last month end, when I select a Date slicer as Last month, I want that case to be counted as Pending even when it got closed as of date. Similarly, as and when I chose the Date slicer, I would like to see the pendency status basis Date Slicer and not as of date.

Is this possible in Power BI? Any support to solve this issue will be of tremendous help.

2 REPLIES 2
dramnath1981

Hi @GilbertQ, First of all many thanks for your kind respon

I believe may be I should be more clear. I want to pass date slicer value on a calculated column. This way, I will be able to calculate the Ageing from the Case Created Date till the Selected Date in Slicer on the fly. As and when the Date slicer changes, I need the dynamic calculation to happen in the calculated column and give the result accordingly. This way, I want to make use of the Live data without the need of a daily data snapshot.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @dramnath1981 

You can change your semantic model to have 2 date columns. One for the latest data and one for when the case happened?

Then you can then use the date slicer to be related to when the case happened and report correctly?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors