Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

OneWithQuestion
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Parameters in service or just desktop?

Desktop has parameters you can set, but I didn't see the same feature in the web service?

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/deep-dive-into-query-parameters-and-power-bi-templates/

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @OneWithQuestion,

Based on my test, query parameters feature isn't available in Power BI service currently. It's only supported in Power BI desktop. If we publish the report which has query parameter values, the report display in servcie is the same as the saved results in desktop.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Any thoughts when the user can access/enter parameters themselves via the web service?

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hi @Phil_Seamark,

I didn't get the information when will query parameter feature available in Power BI Service. For your requirement, I would suggest you post an idea in Ideas forum.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

So, it really isn't possible to set a query parameter from the service??

Any advice on how we might be able to reduce the size of data returned from the service then? I.e. if i have a 15M row table... how can my user have one report where they can on-demand filter the data source (i.e. for data from last year vs data from current year) in order to keep the size of the data reasonable?  Otherwise we would need to load potentially terabytes of data and would very quickly exceed the allocated size limits of the PBI service...

Should we just be useing the desktop client for a production application then?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors