Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Vinnie
Helper I
Helper I

Parameter adjustment has no effect on visual titles

Hi all,

In my report, I have created a parameter called 'anonymisedyesorno'. This can be populated with either TRUE or FALSE.

In my table I have added a DAX column named 'file-name'. The logic behind this field:

If parameter = true

then 'filename_ano'

else 'filename'

I am using this column in my title function of the visual:

title = min(file_name)

This all works well in Power BI desktop. Changing the parameter changes the title of the visual.

In Power BI service however, changing the parameter value under dataset settings and refreshing the dataset does not have impact on the visual title. It does however has impact on the data itself. This parameter does not only have effect on the visual title but also on the data filling itself.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Vinnie
Helper I
Helper I

I found the solution. The data type of the field with TRUE/FALSE (the parameter) was wrong, it was text instead of boolean. Adjusting it to boolean fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Vinnie
Helper I
Helper I

I found the solution. The data type of the field with TRUE/FALSE (the parameter) was wrong, it was text instead of boolean. Adjusting it to boolean fixed the issue.

Vinnie
Helper I
Helper I

Bump, hope you dont mind. 🙂

Vinnie
Helper I
Helper I

Hope someone can help 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors