Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

akhaliq7
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Paginated reports: my report loads more rows than in my fact table

I created a paginated report and my fact table in my dataset only ghas 6,000 rows but it loads up 40,000 rows. why is that, I do use a lot of expressions where I am doing lookups on fields in my other dim tables but that shouldn't cause it to increase the row count. Also when i export the paginated report as a excel file I can confirm there are only 6,000 rows in my excel file so there are no duplicates in my table either.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @akhaliq7 ,

We suggest you to open a ticket here for help if you are a pro user: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

vpollymsft_0-1655455708196.gif

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @akhaliq7 ,

What data source is connected in the report builder? 

How is it connected?
Is it true that there are only 6,000 rows of data in the corresponding table in the data source?
Is there data from multiple tables?

Could you please provide some screenshots with the error?

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It is connected to the Oracle Database. There is no error message, Yes there are multiple tables but they are all dimension tables and also there is 2 table/queries that are connected by a 1:1 relationship. I understand there is not much for me to show so it will be difficult to solve this. I may contect the Microsoft Power BI team.

Hi @akhaliq7 ,

We suggest you to open a ticket here for help if you are a pro user: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

vpollymsft_0-1655455708196.gif

Best Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors