Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Brent_Hel700
Regular Visitor

Paginated Report Builder calculating measures differently between Power BI Service and Excel Export

I have created financial statements in Power BI Report Builder and am using Subreports to consoldate them to a single report builder report for Excel export. The problem is that when I view the consolidated report on Power BI service, the measure calculates different results than when I immediately export them to Excel. This issue is causing incorrect financials to be sent to clients.

We literally analyze the report in Power BI service, then simply click "Export to Excel" for that report and it is providing different (and incorrect) financial measures.

Below are some screenshots of this phenomena. It doesn't quite make sense that this is even possible:

Figure 1: View of Net Income Measure in Power BI Service

1-Open the report.png

Figure 2: Next I validate the Net Income Measure in Power BI Service (33,248) and click Export -> Microsoft Excel

2-Validate and Export to Excel.png

Figure 3: Microsoft Excel calculates the Net Income measure differently on Excel Export (25,261)

3-Incorrect Measure.png

It goes without saying that critical financial information is being changed by the Microsoft Power BI Service platform and this issue needs to be addressed immediately.

1 REPLY 1
Jon-Heide
Employee
Employee

Hi Brent - suggest contacting microsoft support to help walk through your issue. There could be various reasons based on how the dataset, reports, parameters or subreports are used. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors