Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BIanon
Resolver I
Resolver I

PBI comments, tagging a group/team instead of a person

Hello Community,

Is there a way to set up teams so I can tag them in comments on a report in the service?

3 REPLIES 3
pmreis
Super User
Super User

Hello @BIanon 

You can only mention individual users in your Power BI Report comments, meaning you are unable to mentiond Distribution Lists or Microsoft 365 groups.

I tested that you are however able to mention a Shared Mailbox. For further information:

Create a shared mailbox - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn

Add comments to dashboards and reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Pedro Reis - Data Platform MVP / MCT
Making Power BI and Fabric Simple

If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as a solution to help others find it. If you found it helpful, please consider giving it a kudos. Your feedback is highly appreciated!

Find me at LinkedIn

Hello and thank you for your reply,

I find the whole Team/mailbox/sec grp setup to be very confusing

If I right click a Teasm channel and select "Get an e-mail add", is that e-mail a shared mailbox?

I already have a Teams Team and would like to create the shared mailbox "connected" to this group

If I go to my Team in admin.microsoft.com there is already an email add and if I write to it, everyone in the Team gets an e-mail  but I can't tag it in the service. Why does this email, that we share, not count as a shared mail?

It's easy for you to test independently. You can get the teams channel email, and test making an @ in the power bi comments. However, you will see it won't work to mention a teams channel email.

I understand the confusion, you can check with your Microsoft365 admin the procedure for the creation of a shared mailbox. It's not difficult, usually it's just a ticket / email and the users who have access to it, + the outlook adition to be able to access it.
I never tested it for this comments scenario however, as  usually you want to be very specific in defining the comment / process owners you want to target in the comment.

Hope you find a suitable one!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors