Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Maysam
Regular Visitor

Online refresh is failing : Compressed DataSize For Packet Exceeded

Need Help: Manage storage is showing dataset size is 37 MB and the overall size is 10 GB. but online refresh fails with the following error:

"Data source error: {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_CompressedDataSizeForPacketExceededError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_CompressedDataSizeForPacketExceededError","parameters":{},"details":[]}}} Table: AfterSales File Size."

Knowing that the table "AfterSales File Size" is from folder and was working fine before. 

7 REPLIES 7
trisha29

I was able to resolve the same error by shrinking down my text columns as Power BI supports a maximum of 32766 characters in a column of text data type

docsapro

I've got the same error for data source that was working finer before

Nepal101
Helper III
Helper III

Hello @Maysam and @tryniti84 
Was there any solution for it? I am encountering the same issue. 
Thank you 

I solved the problem. The problem in my case was that:

- I imported a complete carpet in Power query. I did it to be able to read from one file the date of creation of specific file in the carpet.  

- When I imported the complete carpet I started to see the dataseize exceed. 

To solve the problem I filtered the chart with the list of the files included in the carpet and I removed thanks to the filter the other files not neeeded. In this way the data size was correct and no problems anymore.

What is a "complete carpet"?

Folder NOT carpet. I mean that I import the complete folder with all files inside. 

tryniti84

I have same error of data size but the data set is 20mb.

Data source error: {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_CompressedDataSizeForPacketExceededError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_CompressedDataSizeForPacketExceededError","parameters":{},"details":[]}}} Table: Attachments.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors