Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

prathyoo
Helper III
Helper III

OneLake Data Hub and access to other user's personal workspaces

Hi,

I noticed that when I navigate to OneLake Data hub screen and expand the Explore option, I see datasets from some user's personal workpaces. But, if I use the traditional option of clicking Workspaces, the window that opens up does not show these personal workspaces. Would anyone know why this might be happening.

Regards

2 REPLIES 2
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @prathyoo ,

In the onelake data hub discover page the user can see all of the Fabric data items that you own, have been shared with you, are discoverable by you or you have read only access to.

This page also contains a side pane with a list of workspaces associated with the user's data items. By clicking on specific workspace, it will display in this page only the datahub items the user can see within this specific workspace.

For more details, please refer to:

Discover Fabric content in the OneLake data hub - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello

Within OneLake data hub I can also see a dataset from a colleagues Personal Workspace, although there is a banner to state it is read only and access needs to be requested.  Plus datasets from a premium workspace that is not shared with the specific user, those with RLS cannot be accessed however those without can and data is accessible which is concerning.  When you say discoverable do you mean a certified dataset as this particular dataset is not certified.  Is there an explanation for this please? 

Best Wishes 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors