Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DominikTher
Frequent Visitor

On-premise data gateway multiple sources

Hello all,

I have some problem with my gateway. In my pbix file are two connections. First is SQL which is on server where i am admin. Second connection is to Analysis services. What i need is sheduled resfresh. But it seems like that i need setup all two connections (if i set only SQL, the gateway is not shown as avaliable). But i am not admin on Analysis services and i have limited access with my windows login. And i read in this article https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-enterprise-manage-ssas that i need Server Administrator permissions (it is not possbile to got it for me).

So, is there possibility to have two connections (SQL and SSAS) in dataset, but in gateway only SQL in data source? 

Hope, someon have experience with this.

Thank you very much!

Dominik

2 REPLIES 2
wimv
Frequent Visitor

You'll have to ask an administrator to create gateway with a connection to SSAS and SQL database engine. 

Import cannot work if you only have a connection to only one of both.

So, also if i set Scheduled refresh only for one connection the gateway doesn't work, right? 😞 Oh

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors