Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

krixtsup3r
Helper V
Helper V

October Update Gateway Issue

Hi All! We are encountering an issue with our gateway ever since we updated for the October release. 

We already tried to restart the machine & gateway and also tried to reinstall the gateway but no luck. 

Coincidentally, we have another gateway from other machine that is outdated and when we tried to connect our reports to that, it worked perfectly. Any known issue going on for the October release? or is there a fix in the error below:

Data source error{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"SharePoint: Request failed: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"SharePoint"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath","detail":

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

This is a known issue and is already being fixed by engineers. If there is any other development, I will publish the solution here as soon as possible

View solution in original post

v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all,

The new Gateway version (3000.194.17) with the fix is available.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53127

Best Regards
Dino Tao

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all,

The new Gateway version (3000.194.17) with the fix is available.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53127

Best Regards
Dino Tao

v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

This is a known issue and is already being fixed by engineers. If there is any other development, I will publish the solution here as soon as possible

The New Oct/Nov release gateway didn’t work for me on Power BI online refreshing. Neither did Sep release. it ended up with the same error. 

Power BI Desktop local refreshing is perfect. 

It's a cloud connection to the .csv files on Azure blob storage. 

Data source error:

{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"We're sorry, an error occurred during evaluation."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: XXXXX.

Cluster URI:

WABI-AUSTRALIA-SOUTHEAST-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Activity ID:

de4fa9e8-e198-4522-8a84-c606e9f64059

Request ID:

99bd4180-e8fd-4306-bae2-afa41706e61a

Time:

2023-11-02 05:07:29Z

the url is not accessible to public I guess

You sure about that link? 

macmy034_0-1698904183041.png

macmy034
Advocate II
Advocate II

Similar ongoing gateway issues here - We've also got minor issues with the iAuditor connector updating on our Prod gateways, We can't seem to utilise it at all. Thankfully we have a Dev gateway we can run the troublesome reports through!

I've passed the recommendation onto our US Team to roll back to the September version as others have done.

A new version was released today that fixes the refresh failures. We've updated our and everything is working. 

I don't see any new Oct release. can you pls guide me to the new release? 

Thanks mate. MS hasn't published it on their 'Documentation' portal. 

v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @krixtsup3r ,

I recommend that you first check that the account connected to the data source is correct and that the datasource's credentials are correct. Do you have access to the datasource? And is your gateway installed in the right domain, is the gateway configured correctly?

If all of this is okay, you can choose to backtrack your gateway to the original version you were using. You can find the answer on where to download the previous version of the gateway in this document:

Previous monthly updates to the on-premises data gateways | Microsoft Learn

Please note that if you need to download a previous version of the gateway, you need to uninstall the existing version of the gateway and then install the required gateway version.

Best Regards,

Dino Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-junyant-msft, appreciate the response. All of our checked based on what you mentioned. Quick question though, if we delete the current gateway will there be any problem with what is already connected?

Hi @krixtsup3r ,

I just did a test: I used the October version of the on-premises data gateway to connect to a SQL database, and then reverted the version to the September version of the on-premises data gateway, and after using the recovery key for the gateway restoration, I found that the SQL database I tested before I could still connect normally.

But I can't guarantee that this will be the case for all connections, if there are connections that don't work, recreate the connection with the existing version of the gateway.

Best Regards,

Dino Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'm going to try and re-create the connections for my SQL based datapulls and see if this helps. Mine have been typically a SharePoint connection that is failing (though they are in the same dataset as some SQL based connections).

renzhaj
Helper I
Helper I

After the new upgrade we are havingf the following gateway issue. I guess it's the one you guys are discussing here. Any workaround? Can we downgrade the gateway version?

Data source error:{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"We're sorry, an error occurred during evaluation."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: .
Cluster URI:WABI-AUSTRALIA-SOUTHEAST-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:b567c7f2-c89b-4346-9cee-76640de7809d
Request ID:c4c2c0f2-97dd-4879-8c70-18ac12669c96
Time:2023-10-28 03:14:07Z

We're getting the same error as well. If you downgrade to the September release, it works fine. 

how can I downgrade  to Sep release?

Joshrodgers123
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Us to. It seems to be occuring on any dataset using both a cloud and onprem source.

Have any work around? I've noticed I can get it to refresh a couple times when mapping the cloud source thru the gateway.

Same as @Joshrodgers123 we have a spare gateway that is outdated and we redirecting it in there. Weirdly only a few of our dataset has an error. 

I initially did the cloud source as well it runs from time to time but still unreliable. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors