Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

masplin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Not receiving Scheduled refresh failure emails

Can someone clarify if this should be working?   Having a failure email for a manul refresh is uterrly pointless as obviously you are watcihing it!! It's the scheduled ones that are hard to keep track of.    Just seems a wierd thing to have left out so I'm not sure if I have an issue as don't receive anything.  Also i can't find any suggestion to vote for this if it isn't a feature

Thnaks for any clarity

Mike

12 REPLIES 12
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @masplin,

If  I understand your scenario correctly that you refresh the dataset manually and the refresh failed but you don’t have the notification email?

As I know, only the schedule refresh failed you will receive the notification email.

Could you receive the notification email when schedule refreshed failed?

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
masplin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

No this is for scheduled refreshes. no failure email, no subscription emails

Hi @masplin,

Have you tried with the way provided by GilbertQ which will test if you can receive the email ?

In addition, please check if the account you receive emails is the same with the account you log in Power BI Service.

Best Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
masplin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

so I signed in as someone else and shared a dashboard with biadmin@inocentres.co.uk which is the admin email.  I then logged back in as biadmin@inocentres.co.uk and i have a message saying a dashboard has been shared with me.  However no email received. 

Capture.PNG

Email I log into power bi is same as my outlook account as below

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

Hi @masplin,

Thanks for your details description.

You could have a test if you share the report to another email address, will that email address receive the email notification?

If that email address could receive, it seems that this may be the problem for your mail server.

I'm afraid that you should create a support ticket to get further help.

support ticket.PNG

Best Regards,

Cherry

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @masplin

I am receiving the scheduled refresh emails when they fail.

Could you test and make sure that you are getting emails from the Power BI Service?

You could do this by getting someone to share a report or dashboard with you.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

masplin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I have subscribed to a report using the adminstation email address os lets see if I receive anything.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@masplin 

Our team has similar issues. We replaced the team email address with our individual email addresses to see if it starts sending us scheduled refresh failure emails.

masplin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

So I didnt get the subscription emails after the reorts refreshed. I've checked junk and the quarrantine area.  Any ideas what next?

Thnakjs

Mike

Have you tried to let. Someone share a report or dashboard with you to see if you get that email?

Power BI Blog

masplin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Well Im the admin so I create and see all the reports anyway. No one else really knows power Bi but presumably I could login as someone else and make a dashboard to share?

Hi @masplin

I would suggest doing that just to test that it actually works as expected and it is coming through your email server.

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors