Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

imertens
Regular Visitor

Not able to subscribe other users (same AD) to dashboards

My coworker tried to subscribe four individuals within our organization to four separate dashboards, each of which is specific to the individual being subscribed. Two of the subscriptions went through and had no issues. When trying to subscribe the other two users, we continue to get the following error message....

"You cannot subscribe free users or groups from a Non Premium workspace: (email@abc.com)."

I have double checked to make sure they have Power BI Pro licenses assigned to their accounts, and they do. Just to test it out, we tried subscribing my account to the dashboard and we had no problem. It's only these two accounts. Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @imertens,

By my tests in my environment, everything works as expected.

If it is convenient, could you share the screenshots about the error message you get?

In addition, they could have a check if they have Pro license under My Worksapce.

Untitled.png

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
imertens
Regular Visitor

The workspace is not Premium. The users are a part of our Azure AD.

Thanks for your help.

Hi there,

What if you create an App and pick them via Azure AD and see if they can access it that way?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

@GilbertQthat would likely work, but I'd prefer to understand why it is working for some users and not others...

@v-piga-msft

Untitled picture.png

Hi  @imertens,

From the message, it seems that this is caused by the account you typed in.

If you have confiremed that the accounts you typed in are Pro accounts and you still have this error, please create the support ticked in Power BI support to get the further help.

support ticket.PNG

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there,

Is your workspace on Power BI Premium?

Also could you check that the users are in Azure Active Directory?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors