Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Smalfly
Resolver III
Resolver III

New usage metrics - check report usage on page level

Hi community,

I am using the new usage metrics view in Power BI and I seem to miss the ability to check report usage on a page level. Right now, I only see the total report page views per user but I don't see which pages were visited.

Ideally, I want to know how many times a certain user has opened specific pages of a report.

However, the total number of views per page would already be helpful.

Who knows where to find that information in the new view?

Your help is highly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That is strange. Just double checked on my end and it only has the table if the new experienced is turned on. 

If all else fails, delete your Usage Metrics dataset and recreate it. 

Go the workspace and click Settings of any dataset. Then scroll down to the Usage Metris dataset and click on it to get the dataset ID. 

Using the Power BI REST API, delete the dataset. When done, recreate it in your workspace.
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/datasets/delete-dataset-in-group 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there!

Someone here could help me to know where I can find information details about Tables, Metadata, and description of the tables inside Capacity Metrics and Usage Metrics as well. Some documentaion would help too. Thank you so much

wikkleyn
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @Smalfly Connect to the Usage Metrics dataset in Power BI desktop or when in the report, click edit at the top. You'll see the list of available queries on the right. 

Report Page Views has the detail you want.

Thank you for the feedback @wikkleyn but I don't have a query/table called 'Report Page Views'.

Or am I looking in the wrong place?

Smalfly_0-1666956840850.png

Hi @Smalfly Make sure you select the New Usage Report on

wikkleyn_0-1666959724214.png

It has been turned on and since that moment on, the report page information has disappeared...

That is strange. Just double checked on my end and it only has the table if the new experienced is turned on. 

If all else fails, delete your Usage Metrics dataset and recreate it. 

Go the workspace and click Settings of any dataset. Then scroll down to the Usage Metris dataset and click on it to get the dataset ID. 

Using the Power BI REST API, delete the dataset. When done, recreate it in your workspace.
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/datasets/delete-dataset-in-group 

Deleting the dataset did the trick 🙂

Thanks a lot for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors