Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mora11
Helper I
Helper I

New URL parameter: "&experience=power-bi"

Hello, 

Do you know what actually does new add-in in app URL, which is "&experience=power-bi"?

In every report URL it appears at the end but for some reason for my paginated reports when I am passing some parameters it appears somewhere in a middle of the URL.

How to get rid of it?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
LeandroMizu

Hi, any chance that this new parameter is impacting the report page filter configuration thru power automate action "Export to file Power BI Report"?  I am trying the filter using "?filter=<table>/<field> eq 'value' but is not working.

Have you tried to paste your phrase "?filter=<table>/<field>" instead of "&experience=power-bi". To be more precise: delete everything after "?" in your URL and add your phrase "filter=<table>/<field>". Does it work now?

I am using the report Level Filter thru an automatic flow and is not working... when I test in the url.. it only works if I remove the "&experience=power-bi".. but not sure how to do it thru the power automate

Capture.PNG

rpatkar
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

hi mora11, is the additional parameter causing an issue? You currently cannot remove it as it is system generated. Team can look into alternatives if this additional parameter is causing an issue. Thanks.

I managed to create workaround for my issue actually, but does it mean that additional parameter shorten amount of information that can be passed via URL? Previously it was 2000 characters, so now it is less because of "&experience=power-bi"?

Hi @mora11 Can you help me to create a dynamic url? Because it is not filtering for me.

Do not have that character limit with the modern browsers, please check - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/812925/what-is-the-maximum-possible-length-of-a-query-string
[1/15/2024] update - mora11 is correct, there is a limit of 2k characters in URL in power bi

That's not true in terms of Power BI. I've just generated 3732 character long url and it did not pass any parameter value to the next page. Browser can handle more than 2000 characters but not Power BI while passing parameters values.

mora11_0-1685131788826.png

See here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/paginated-reports/parameters/pass-report-parameter-url

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. It's too soon to tell. For now you can't remove it. Microsoft is still launching many new stuff and services at MS Build. There are big changes regarding data platform like the new Fabric. That's why there is a new parameter, there might be a new tool that will own all data services and the parameter might show which service you are opening.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors