Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rbrocks
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

New UI change to remove colors from icons

This new UI that removes the colors from the icons in Power BI service is really awful. Many of our users are complaining about it. When you have a workspace with many different types of content, it is difficult to distinguish between all of them when they are all black and white. 

This change went into effect here last month and then randomly went back to normal. We were disappointed to find it back again. Please consider putting colors back into the icons at least. 

Users are also disappointed with losing the tab to filter to datasets/dataflows quickly. 

24 REPLIES 24
ezrabenun
Frequent Visitor

Did anyone figure out how to fix this??????

tdhood
Advocate I
Advocate I

Closed-circuit to whoever greenlit for production:

You're bad at your job and you should feel bad. This sucks by any objective measure. You've taken a simple task - navigating the already-bad workspace view (FOLDERS?!? HELLO?!? You did this PC-DOS in 1983 - forty years ago! ) and somehow made it even more painful. Bravo!

What was immediately obvious to all but the pure red/blue colorblind is now a chore for all. Are you experimenting on the user base, or are you just this bad at your job?

rfm
Advocate I
Advocate I

I agree, the new layout for the Workspaces is counterproductive and a backward step. It makes it much more difficult to distinguish and manage content, particularly with the removal of the different tabs to filter content/datasets/dataflows.

Please restore to previous layout.

DouglasFeitosa
Advocate I
Advocate I

I came to the forums just to check if this was some kind of bug or something. New layout is bad and just over complicated simple things.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors