Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cmengel
Advocate II
Advocate II

New Card Visual built with Field Parameters, does not respond to slicer

I built a Sales Rep Scorecard report that relies on the new Card Visual to present the various metrics.

I created a calculated table using the Field Parameters option in the Modeling tab.

The table contains all the metrics.

I added a column to this calculated table called 'Category'.

Each metric in the calculated table has a Category.

I use the Category column from the calculated table as a slicer, so that the user can select which set of metrics are displayed by the new card visual.

Everything works perfectly on PBI Desktop.

However, when I publish the report to the Service, the card visual no longer responds/updates with changes to the slicer.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cmengel  , 

I would like to know if the card visual you have here is the Card visual (New) shown below.
Currently it is still in preview stage and only available to design in Desktop, but can be uploaded to Service.

vxiaoyanmsft_0-1704941752960.png

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cmengel  , 

I would like to know if the card visual you have here is the Card visual (New) shown below.
Currently it is still in preview stage and only available to design in Desktop, but can be uploaded to Service.

vxiaoyanmsft_0-1704941752960.png

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Yes, I am trying to use that new Card Visual in a report I publish to the Service.

If I undersatnd you correctly, because this visual is only in Preview, it will not fully function in the Service.

Do I have the correct understanding?

That would really help explain a LOT of what I am currently experiencing with this visual.

Hi @cmengel ,

Yes, your understanding is correct, at the moment it only fully works in Power BI Desktop.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors