Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

TurtlesDownards
Frequent Visitor

Need help sharing reports with non-workgroup members

Hello, I have a report & data that's in our "Finance" workgroup. I am sharing this report with several people outside the Finance workgroup but they're having issues accessing the data behind the report. Under manage permisisons, I have granted them access to both the report, the link, and the dataset, but they're still unable to view their report. What am I doing wrong? My current fix is to make this person a member of the "Finance" workgroup, but as a member of the workgroup, Row Level Security stops working and they can see all of the data. 

2 REPLIES 2
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TurtlesDownards ,

As you said, the RLS role does not work for members with workspace edit permissions. It is possible that this user has not been successfully added to the RLS role, you can see the added members in the following image.

vhenrykmstf_0-1637901362514.png

Also not all types of groups can be added to the role. For example, Office 365 groups. And check the documentation for Considerations and limitations to rule out these causes.

If the problem is still not resolved, point it out. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @TurtlesDownards 

have you added the users to the relevant RLS Role in the Power BI Service on the dataset?

Here are more details: Row-level security (RLS) with Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors