Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alalan
Frequent Visitor

Need Help: Issue with Date format when publishing to Power BI Service

Hi Folks,

I need your brain to resolve an issue which is going on since long-time now and even MS support team couldn't help. 

I have 3 measures which are counting the total number of active employees, total number of terminated employees and subtraction of active and terminated employees to give nett active employees in the selected date range. 

The issue:

When using the measure in power bi desktop environment, the visual display correct calculations and when I publish it to the Power BI service, these visual go blank. 

After lot of attempts of troubleshoot the issue, it is identified that date format is playing up. 

I want your brains to resolve this issue. 

Thanks in advance.

Measure - Subtraction Active and TerminatedMeasure - Subtraction Active and TerminatedPower BI desktop visualPower BI desktop visualPower Bi Service visualPower Bi Service visualMeasure - Total Active employeesMeasure - Total Active employeesMeasure - Total Terminated employeesMeasure - Total Terminated employees

2 REPLIES 2
alalan
Frequent Visitor

@v-luwang-msft 
I followed the steps as mentioned in the blog, still my power bi service time zone is not changing to AEST.
Am I missing something?

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @alalan ,

It may be a date conversion issue, because your Desktop uses a different locale than the service. You may try to do the date conversion with a specific locale. Check this: https://www.excelguru.ca/blog/2015/07/08/fix-date-errors/

Best Regards

Lucien

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors