Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wycd
Employee
Employee

My dataset is grayed out

I have one pulished dashboard with SSAS dataset behind. Yesterday I made some change in SSAS tubular DB and added one tab in pbix file. All looked good after publishing it to online. 

However, today I checked on the report and dataset. Found out that the changes made yesterday are gone. So I tried to republish the pbix file. The publishing process took very long time, so I cancled a few times. 

Later I found out that my data set is grayed out. I don't know when the gray out happened. Now I start getting "no access to the dataset" error message when publishing.

Anyone could help me with this issue? Thanks in advance!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@wycd not 100% sure but i think since you cancelled the process of publish from desktop to service your dataset in cloud is locked and so greyed out. i think you should contact microsoft support to be able to get access back to that dataset.

View solution in original post

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wycd,

In your scenario, please make sure the user account used to access the Power BI Service is the same one as used before. And please try to connect to .PBIX file from Power BI Service site via Get Data feature to see if the dataset can be replaced with the new one.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wycd,

In your scenario, please make sure the user account used to access the Power BI Service is the same one as used before. And please try to connect to .PBIX file from Power BI Service site via Get Data feature to see if the dataset can be replaced with the new one.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for the reply, @v-qiuyu-msft. I could update my report and dataset via Power BI Service site after the dataset is reactived.

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@wycd not 100% sure but i think since you cancelled the process of publish from desktop to service your dataset in cloud is locked and so greyed out. i think you should contact microsoft support to be able to get access back to that dataset.

Thank you for the reply @ankitpatira. Seems that you are right about why my dataset was greyed out. My dataset is reactivated one day later.

How did it get reactivated?

I waited for one day then the dataset turn to reactive automatically. I assumed that the backend process ended and then unblocked the dataset. I think you could contact microsoft support for help, if you don't want to wait.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors