Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ansa_naz
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

My Usage Metrics Report is not working - different workspace issue?

I have reports in Workspace A, for which I want to see usage metrics. However, the reports use data from a dataset in Workspace B.

When I run the usage metrics report, there is a message at the top which says 'Multiple reports selected'. There is no data in the report

Is this because the dataset is in a different workspace? Is the only solution to move the dataset to Workspace A?

I will be using this dataset in other workspaces soon too, so I am hoping I can find a resolution without needing the report in the same workspace as the dataset

Edit: Just to add, in Workspace A, there are a few reports. These reports use data from datasets in Workspace B & C. The reports were not copied to Workspace A from any other workspace

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ansa_naz ,

Like this?

v-lionel-msft_2-1605079855510.png

It does not affect the viewing of usage metrics when the report and the dataset are located in different workspaces.
The reason why the "multiple reports selected" information appears is because you have selected multiple reports in the filter.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ansa_naz ,

Like this?

v-lionel-msft_2-1605079855510.png

It does not affect the viewing of usage metrics when the report and the dataset are located in different workspaces.
The reason why the "multiple reports selected" information appears is because you have selected multiple reports in the filter.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ansa_naz ,

Did you copy the report from Workspace B to Workspace A?
You can’t view the usage metrics of the report  in Workspace A?

Please refer to the Considerations and limitations .

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

Hi this report was not copied from Workspace B

The report was created in Workspace A, using a dataset from Workspace B

I cannot view any metrics in Workspace A. There are multiple reports in Workspace A, which use datasets from Workspace B & C

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors