Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Dooriya101
Frequent Visitor

My Power BI cannot auto refresh with onedrive path unless I log out and log in again...

Hi All,

I'm quite new to Power BI and seeking your help asI'm encountering an weirdscenario. 

My data source locates in my local one drive folder and I've installed personal mode gateway to schedule refresh. Previously it worked well. But today I tried to change data source to SharePoint URL to realize auto refresh without reliance on my laptop but failed due to Microsoft account limits. Then I changed the data source back and found it cannot reflect what I've changed in excel anymore...

No alert, workspace shows refresh success, but nothing update in Report. I tried log out and log in , refresh, then the report reflects the data change. But it stuck again unless I log out and log in .....

Did anymore encountered it before and any advice or solution? Appreciates ahead!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ailsa, the data is refreshed successfully, and since it's in sharepoint it's no need to have gateway, it still happenes sometimes, I  guess it maybe cache issue but not sure about the reall issue behind it😂, thanks!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dooriya101 

Did you refresh data in Desktop to see whether the content updated ?  If the content in Desktop updated , then you need to check the gateway and data source in Service . You can try refreshing manually and see whether the content update . If yes , you need to reconfigure scheduled refresh . 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Ailsa, the data is refreshed successfully, and since it's in sharepoint it's no need to have gateway, it still happenes sometimes, I  guess it maybe cache issue but not sure about the reall issue behind it😂, thanks!

OliT
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @Dooriya101 

>> workspace shows refresh success, but nothing update in Report

Please go to refresh history to check whether the dataset was refreshed successfully

Regards,

OliT

Hi OliT, it shows all refreshed successfully. It still happenes sometimes, I  guess it maybe cache issue but not sure about the reall issue behind it😂, thanks anyway!

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi Dooriya, how are you connecting sharepoint? have you edited the credentials on service?

Let me leave here an example on how you should connect to the files. The change from local to cloud onedrive/sharepoint can be straight forward:
https://blog.ladataweb.com.ar/post/185337134590/alternativa-para-conectar-power-bi-a-onedrive

Once changed, just edit credentials at service and schedule refresh.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Hi ibarrau, the connection and credentials look good and according to refresh history it's always refresh successfully. I check with my colleague and noted the view on their side is all correct so I guess it maybe my cache issue, thanks anyway!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors