Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vanessa
Post Patron
Post Patron

Moving/Copying PowerBI Reports/Dashboards from "My Workspace" to a group

I have a few reports and dashboards which were created under "My Workspace".  I have created a new group and want to copy the reports/dashboards from "My Workspace" to this group.

Is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@vanessa There is no current functionality that allows you to move reports from one workspace to another. If you created things in the Desktop, you could just re-deploy the PBIX and have the dataset and reports in the Group, but you would need to re-create the dashboard.

If you built everything in the Service, than unfortunetely you would need to rebuild in that Group. (At which point I would suggest starting in the Desktop and publishing it there)

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a question about dashboard copy on Service.

For example I make on local PBI an .pbix and publish it on Service.

Then on Service I make a copy of that dashboard and make some visual changes there.

After that I update original .pbix file on local to update few formulas/metrics and publish again on Service (formula changes need to be done onb local PBI).

Does a copy dashboard on Service use those updated formulas since it uses dataset from the original dashboard?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a question about dashboard copy on Service.

For example I make on local PBI an .pbix and publish it on Service.

Then on Service I make a copy and make some visual changes there.

After that I update original .pbix file on local to update few formulas/metrics and publish again on Service (formula changes need to be done onb local PBI).

Does a copy dashboard use those updated formulas since it uses dataset from the original dashboard?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors