Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ericci
Frequent Visitor

Month-End Email Subscription

I need to send out month-end reports, and have a question around the logic of the monthly option in subscriptions . If I choose the 31st, what is the logic behind that? Will the report fire on 1st of the following month if there isn't a 31st day in the current month?

5 REPLIES 5
ericci
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-lili6-msft ,

We tested this in November and unfortunately, the logic does not work this way. If you select the 31st, and a month only contains 30 days (ie. November), then the report does not run on the last day of the month. 😞

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

It would fire on the last day of the month is how I would expect it to work. Or the last day of each month.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

@GilbertQThank you.

Has anyone had experience with GilbertQs logic, before I mark it as the solution?

mhrch
Frequent Visitor

Did anyone get to fully vet this theory? I've not found a way for the scheduler to recognize last days of each month dynamically. 

hi  @ericci 

I also think it will work on the last day of each month. you could try it and you will get it in next month.  😁

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors