Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

101Mathew
Resolver II
Resolver II

Monitoring - Semantic Model downloads

Hi All,

Is there anywhere or any method to track users that have downloaded a semantic model from the service?

Regards,

Mathew

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
mohitkumawat
Super User
Super User

Hi @101Mathew ,

Unfortunately, Power BI Service doesn't offer a built-in way to directly track users who downloaded a semantic model (.pbix file).
Even though if we move to Audit logs provide a more holistic view of model interaction, not specific downloads.
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!

View solution in original post

blopez11
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

The audit logs do track this activity.  It is called DownloadReport.  I believe the audit logs only provide a 90 day look back.  The Power BI REST apis have an endpoint where you can programmatically download the logs as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
blopez11
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

The audit logs do track this activity.  It is called DownloadReport.  I believe the audit logs only provide a 90 day look back.  The Power BI REST apis have an endpoint where you can programmatically download the logs as well.

mohitkumawat
Super User
Super User

Hi @101Mathew ,

Unfortunately, Power BI Service doesn't offer a built-in way to directly track users who downloaded a semantic model (.pbix file).
Even though if we move to Audit logs provide a more holistic view of model interaction, not specific downloads.
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!

Thank you @mohitkumawat - I don't have access to the microsoft 365 admin portal - talking to them currently - this is a rather big whole if security if this cannot be tracked

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.