Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gmachowiak
Frequent Visitor

Model Eviction in Log Analytics for PowerBI prem

hi all,

We've successfully established the azure log analytics for premuim workspaces in powerbi.

I was wondering whether there model evictions will be logged as well and how if yes how to identify such event.

unfortunately the documentation is scarce

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @gmachowiak 

As it stays today and previously mentioned, there is no way to find an event for eviction.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @gmachowiak 

When a semantic model is evicted due to capacity issues, causing a query or refresh to fail, there is a corresponding log. However, there is no documentation that directly identifies the attributes that match the eviction operation.
Based on this situation, you can create a semantic model eviction event, and then explicitly name the event by reporting the corresponding error. I hope this will give you some ideas.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/enterprise/service-admin-premium-workloads#query-memory-l... 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the answers.

So if i understood correctly:

• there semms not to be any direct log that would indicate an eviction of the model.
  • there is an error log when operations fail due to evicted model - not really whan i'm looking for;

On the side not, I'm not really sure how would i create a sematic model eviction event (or any event for loggig) - is there any documentation i can have a look at?

Edit: Plus, are there any known ways of tracing the models' evictions?

Hi @gmachowiak 

As it stays today and previously mentioned, there is no way to find an event for eviction.

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @gmachowiak 

As far as I am aware, there is no logging to determine when a model gets evicted. You can create or vote for an idea at https://ideas.powerbi.com.

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors