Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

agd50
Advocate III
Advocate III

Mixed Mode Attempt at Auto-Refresh/Manual Refresh Error Message: DataSource.NotFound

agd50_0-1685939278685.png

I got a report that has a dataflows connection/dataset and data that is connected through sharepoint (excel file - XLSX)
Mixed Mode Connection.

Dataflows isn't the issue as I am able to refresh that and I can republish the power bi pbix file to get the latest data in the report but refresh is preferred. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
agd50
Advocate III
Advocate III

Thanks for the responses. The issue was due to the way the datasource was being connected not being adequate for refreshing. I believe it is Sharepoint.files instead of using web.contents.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
agd50
Advocate III
Advocate III

Thanks for the responses. The issue was due to the way the datasource was being connected not being adequate for refreshing. I believe it is Sharepoint.files instead of using web.contents.

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @agd50 ,

The "DataSource.NotFound" error message in Power BI usually indicates that the data source for the report cannot be found or is not accessible. This error can occur when there is a mix of automatic and manual refresh settings for the data source.

To resolve this issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Check the data source settings: Make sure that the data source is configured correctly and that the connection details are accurate. You can also try refreshing the data source manually to see if that resolves the issue.

2. Check the refresh settings: Make sure that the refresh settings for the report and data source are consistent. If you have set up automatic refresh for the report, make sure that the data source is also set up for automatic refresh.

3. Check the gateway settings: If you are using an on-premises data source, check the gateway settings to make sure that it is properly configured and running.

4. Check the permissions: Make sure that you have the necessary permissions to access the data source and that the data source is shared with the appropriate users and groups.

I have also found a similar post, please refer to it to see if it helps you.

Solved: DataSource.NotFound - Excel Workbook: The 'Microso... - Microsoft Fabric Community

If it does not help, please provide more details.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors