Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Metrics Usage Report no Updating

I have a bit of an odd issue. The old version of the metrics usage reports in my worksapce are updating, but the new version doesn't have the latest data (it still says data as of 1/31/2023... a couple months ago). Has anyone experienced this and is there a work around? I do not see the dataset anywhere in the workspace and when I click the elipse and select 'view dataset', it says that dataset can't be found... 

1 REPLY 1
dhruvinushah
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @SeattlePowerBI , 

I experienced this in my organization's premium workspace too. I found a workaround by creating a copy of the Usage Metrics report (build it like a second report off of the same dataset). I cleared out the filters and saved it under a new name and it was showing me the latest Usage Metrics. 
I did have a chat around this with the Platform team and they did a manual reset of the metrics and that seemed to resolve the issue. 

Coming back to the issue itself - I believe that the refresh stops because of a break in connection between the report and the Usage Metrics data source / data set. 

Hope this helps, tag me (@) if you need more help on it. Feel free to mark the answer as a solution if it helped you.
Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors