Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DelftPBI

Method for gathering excel targets

Dear fellow Power BI enthusiasts,

I am helping a smaller company with some reports. I am using data from a database (db) which I would like to enrich with non-db "targets" data which is filled in by business users. It will be highover information mostly.

I am looking for a best practice method how others have done this in the past. There are multiple ways to do this. I will put what requirements I have in mind and what options I have considered.

Requirement:

1. Cheap;

2. Easy to maintain/understandable for non-IT folks. There is no big IT department that could manage this;

3. Filling in targets should be fool proof. No room for problems with data formats should be allowed.

Considered:

1. Good old excel file on sharepoint: Understandable for but a pain in the *** considering different versions will start to live and users have to option to put in wrong data formats;

2. Power Apps: if understood correctly, licensing pricing seems irrational. 
3. Power BI forms? Any thoughts on this?

Any better ideas, out of the box? Or is this it? Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DelftPBI ,

It is not yet clear what your needs are and whether you can refer to the following blog to provide the appropriate information. I will answer you as soon as possible.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly - Microsoft Power BI Community

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors