Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jordanlevine
Frequent Visitor

Meta Dashboard (dashboard of dashboards)

Is it possible to create a dashboard that is just a bunch of individual cards or tiles that you can click on to take you into an actual dashboard? I have a bunch of quasi-related dashboards for 8 different topics. I'd love to have a visual way to show the 8 individual dashboards in one "portal" that you could click through to the topic of interest and then come back up to the main portal if you wanted to go to another topic. 

I'm thinking something like a chicklet slicer, but which is just a buch of chiclets that link to actual dashboards. I don't want to be sending people around to 6 different dashboards because it's confusing. It would be nice to collect and display all of the dashboards I made for this customer in one spot.

At it's simplest level, I guess I'm just asking for better visual/gui-driven navigation between dashboards. Of course, I'd love to be able to pass context through, but that is already being asked in other threads... What I'm asking for here is a short-run solution to make jumping between dashboards easier/more straight-forward until that happens. If there's already a way to do it that I don't know, would love some pointing in the right direction.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@jordanlevine 

Create a report (or use existing) to build cards/text boxes that you want on the Quasi Dashboard. Pin them/delete them from the reports. (you don't need them)

On each of those dashboard tiles, hover over the dashboard tile on the upper right and click on the "..." -> Click the Pencil (edit)

under "Functionality" -> "set custom link" and enter the URL of the dashboard you want that tile to go to.

Do this for each tile.

Now you have your overall dashboard, which points to other dashboards.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@jordanlevine 

Create a report (or use existing) to build cards/text boxes that you want on the Quasi Dashboard. Pin them/delete them from the reports. (you don't need them)

On each of those dashboard tiles, hover over the dashboard tile on the upper right and click on the "..." -> Click the Pencil (edit)

under "Functionality" -> "set custom link" and enter the URL of the dashboard you want that tile to go to.

Do this for each tile.

Now you have your overall dashboard, which points to other dashboards.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors