Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tvanstraelen
Frequent Visitor

Member name missing in workspace Access screen

Hello,

Since a few days, the name of a member in the workspace access screen is blank.
My guess is that this the name of the service principal.
Are there others who have the same behavior ?

Or maybe this is something specific for our environment ?

2022-12-21_12-07-48.png

Regards,
Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @tvanstraelen ,

This issue has been confirmed as a known issue internally.  Internal ICM ID: 356504896 . Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider  Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
thomrommens

Just checked, and I can see the Service Principals being listed as member/admin of the Power BI WorkSpace Access again.

They do seem to appear again - still having issues with embedded reports not working though. Not sure about anyone else?

Pixelement7

We also have the same problem. And well, it's already 12th oj January and we are paying a lot of money for the premium capacity. I hope it will be fixed any time soon!

sandeeppopuri

I am also having similar issue where the member name is blank, this is an app registration account.

v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tvanstraelen ,

What is the capacity of the workspace where this is happening? Shared capacity or Premium capacity?

Go to the workspace settings, or you can view it from the diamond icon next to the workspace.

Picture1.pngPicture2.png

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Hello,
We have a Premium Capacity license.
Best Regards,
Tom Vanstraelen

Hi @tvanstraelen ,

This issue has been confirmed as a known issue internally.  Internal ICM ID: 356504896 . Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider  Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Hi @v-tangjie-msft what is the status on this ticket? We face problems of our processes using the service principal in automated processes. The service principal is not only invisible, it is suddenly not any longer recognized as a caller of the REST APIs either - causing the calls to fail.

Hi @thomrommens ,

The product group is working to resolve this issue, please be patient.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

Hello @v-tangjie-msft ,

People are anxious for some sort of time frame.

Not sure how it is for @thomrommens but here people are very upset that they are unable to see their reports and I can't even give them a timescale of when they are likely to see them again.

Is there any time frame we can expect this to be resolved?

Thank you

Hello @v-tangjie-msft ,

Has there been any progress on this at all?

Is there a way we can track this ourselves?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors