Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

Measures from a created dataset in report Builder

I have created a dataset in power BI and Published to a PPU Workspace. 

there are lots of measures in the dataset.

I want to connect to the data set with power BI Report Builder and use the created dataset but I can;t see all the measures I have created.

So the question is, Am I doing something wrong or can you not use Measures in the data set in Report Builder?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

its fine I found them. Im not really sure the above advice helps with the issue. All the measures I had created were is a separate measures fiolder in query designer.

I was lookuing in the original fact tables where I had placed them in power BI

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

its fine I found them. Im not really sure the above advice helps with the issue. All the measures I had created were is a separate measures fiolder in query designer.

I was lookuing in the original fact tables where I had placed them in power BI

Hi @DebbieE 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DebbieE 

When you need to use the measure, You need to hide the implicit measures that you create, for example, aggregate functions are automatically generated in your tables, as shown in the following figure

vxinruzhumsft_0-1679450797598.png

If you have created a measure that is summed, you need to hide the implicit measure

vxinruzhumsft_1-1679450944952.png

Then the measure will display, please check that if you have the implicit measures, you can refer to the following video.

Where's my measure??? (Power BI Paginated) - Bing video

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors