Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

freidav1984
Frequent Visitor

Measure shows different format and date value after published and refreshed in service

Hi All!

I am struggling with the following issue. I have a simple measure which calculates the max date value from a given table. In desktop, it shows the actual max date value of a column correctly. After refreshing it in desktop the value remains correct.

As it is published to BI service, the max date value remains correct, but after the first refresh the date format changes from 'yyyy.MM.dd' to 'M/d/yyyy' and its value is also changing to an incorrect value.

Both the desktop and the service's language is set to Hungarian.

Please see below - datacard in the desktop version. 

freidav1984_0-1673361474425.png

Datacard in the service after refresh.

freidav1984_1-1673361550034.png

The measure used in the datacard (quite simple): 

MEAS_LASTBANKITEM = MAX(INVOICE_EQUALLINES[INVOICE_POSTING_DATE]

The INVOICE_EQUALLINES[INVOICE_POSTING_DATE] column is below...
freidav1984_2-1673362195305.png

Filters are set the same both in desktop and service.

Any thoughts on this issue? Do you have any idea how could I debug this problem?
Thank you in advance!

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JFAR49ER
Frequent Visitor

Hey,
I have had similar issues with dates.
I would check that in desktop the Invoice_Posting_Date is of data type 'Date'.
Check the original source data for this, is the data all in consistent date format(Use power query editor). 
I would also use power query editor to transform that column so that the format is in more standarised for a date - would get rid of '.' and the space to a '/' -
You can use transform data, go to column, under transform tab click replace values and change the period space to /

Also in power query (Click transform data in desktop) make sure that data type for that column is 'Date' - this is found under transform tab.

A few things to try, my desktop is all in english so hopefully this makes sense for hungarian too.

Let me know if any help 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @freidav1984 ,

Please have a try.

The issue is caused by a combination of the settings in the Power BI Service and the settings in your browser.  

1. Click on the gear icon in the top right corner

2.  Click on Settings

3. Select Language

4. Select Default Browser Language

5. Go to the Browser Settings

6. Search browser setting for “Language”

7. If your correct language/region is not shown select add language

8. Select the 8 vertical dots next to the language you want to be the primary language

9.  Choose Display Google Chrome in this Language

10. Go back to Power BI and refresh your report/dashboard

More details:How to change the date Format in the Power BI Service | NFORM | Perth, Australia

If it still does not help, please provide more details.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

JFAR49ER
Frequent Visitor

Hey,
I have had similar issues with dates.
I would check that in desktop the Invoice_Posting_Date is of data type 'Date'.
Check the original source data for this, is the data all in consistent date format(Use power query editor). 
I would also use power query editor to transform that column so that the format is in more standarised for a date - would get rid of '.' and the space to a '/' -
You can use transform data, go to column, under transform tab click replace values and change the period space to /

Also in power query (Click transform data in desktop) make sure that data type for that column is 'Date' - this is found under transform tab.

A few things to try, my desktop is all in english so hopefully this makes sense for hungarian too.

Let me know if any help 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors