Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ScottBeeson
Regular Visitor

Maybe this should be obvious, but do you have to use Desktop to use a Gateway?

It wasn't really clear and I'm not seeing any gateways show up at app.powerbi.com after installing a personal gateway.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I finally found it but only after signing up for the 60 day free trial of Pro.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@ScottBeeson I guess I hadn't really thought about this. It appears that the "Manage Gateways" is for the on-premises data gateways only. If you go to settings -> settings -> datasets -> select a dataset you should see the option for gateway connection. This should show you have a personal gateway up and running, and can schedule refresh.

Alternatively, you could just click the "..." next to a dataset and get there as well.

Long/Short is that it appears that the personal gateway is reflected only on the published datasets.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Just so you know it does show the personal gateway.

Thanks for the response.  So where exactly should I see the gateway option now in the app.powerbi.com interface?

gateway.png

I finally found it but only after signing up for the 60 day free trial of Pro.

@ScottBeeson was just replying. cool

also, I think you will find this of interest if you didn't know about it already. (Based on your photo)

"This is Fine"

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Eno1978 wrote:

@ScottBeeson was just replying. cool

also, I think you will find this of interest if you didn't know about it already. (Based on your photo)

"This is Fine"

I backed two days ago!  Smiley Very Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors