Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Jujo95
Frequent Visitor

Mapbox Visual map is not showing up in public link.

Today i discover that the maps i used in my powerBi report doesnt show anymore in the publication link. I dont know what's happening cause two days ago was all good.Any idea of what's going on and how to fix it?

Note: The maps work well in Desktop application

17 REPLIES 17
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jujo95 ,

For such questions,if you checked the Network traces and found below error in Console? Try adding the following parameters to test if the jump works.

target="_blank"

vhenrykmstf_0-1657617410657.png

Or refer to the following troubleshooting to see if it helps you:

vhenrykmstf_1-1657617617138.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

FDRS

We're facing the same problem. It's not only Mapbox but also all other custom visuals are not showing in the public view.

Siwei
Frequent Visitor

Same for us

lcruz
Frequent Visitor

me too !

muzz2609

Hi Colleagues,

I'm having the same issue as well since yesterday. Our PBI web app and desktop app are showing the Mapbox plugin without issue but our public dashboards are not loading the Mapbox plugin at all. This is a major issue as we rely on our public dashboard for regular community engagement. Our plugin is currently on v1.5 and no changes in terms of updates have recently occurred. Would be keen to hear if more people are experiencing this issue or if someone has managed to resolve it.

JayPanashe99

I am having the same issue with MapBox Visual. I was working on my Map yesterday and it was fine then I reuploaded it as a PBIX and it just stopped working. The maps still work on the Desktop App as well as inside by online PowerBI service but they do not work in a Public View Link.

Please  help.

otravers
Community Champion
Community Champion

Do you use the Lastpass browser extension by any chance? It's messing with Mapbox, at least with 1.5 (I'm not sure the recently released 1.6 addresses that bug).

------------------------------------------------
1. How to get your question answered quickly - good questions get good answers!
2. Learning how to fish > being spoon-fed without active thinking.
3. Please accept as a solution posts that resolve your questions.
BI Blog: Datamarts | RLS/OLS | Dev Tools | Languages | Aggregations | XMLA/APIs | Field Parameters | Custom Visuals

Hi , no i do not use it. What i do not understand is that two days ago the maps were running well in the link. But today when i needed to update some things it just show the space of the visual but not the content. 

otravers
Community Champion
Community Champion

Have you tried 1.6?

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/olgaltatokorlatoltfelelossegutarsasag...

1. How to get your question answered quickly - good questions get good answers!
2. Learning how to fish > being spoon-fed without active thinking.
3. Please accept as a solution posts that resolve your questions.
BI Blog: Datamarts | RLS/OLS | Dev Tools | Languages | Aggregations | XMLA/APIs | Field Parameters | Custom Visuals

Hello all,

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? The same happened to me 2 days ago, I can't see the map on the public version but ONLY ON FIREFOX, it shows well with Chrome and Edge.

I tried to:

- update from v1.4 to v1.6

- create a new token

- disable all extensions on Firefox

but I still can't see the map on Firefox.

Regards, Olivier.

Tried 1.6 and has the same problem

Jujo95_0-1657060254652.png

The fisrt image is how it is showed in the link now.

The second image is from two days ago for the same dashboard page in the same link.

Jujo95_1-1657060343838.png

Hello.

Deleting the embed code of the publication link and then re-create it looks to solve the problem

hello I also have the same problem since yesterday, the map can be seen on the desktop and in the power bi service but in the public link it stops being seen, any solution friends?

--------------

Guys, apparently the problem has been solved, I can see the map

i'm having the same problem. try to add a new Acces Token from mapbox in the service/desktop powerbi. 

The map is still not showed in the public dashboard. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Our map is still not displaying on any public Dashboards. Everything displays properly in Desktop

Has anyone come up with a solution or heard anything else to try? 

I've tried all options offered in previous replies

Hi, I already used the 1.6 version, I changed the map and reuploaded the public link and the error still persist.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors