Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Map Visual not showing up on Export

desktopdesktopwebwebI have a map that looks good on PowerBI Desktop and when I export there it appears. However, when another user (and myself) try to export the report from PowerBI.com to PDF, the data points are not appearing. Only the map shows. I've attached the export from PowerBI Deskop versus the PowerBI.com export. Not sure how to make this show up on the web version. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I figured it out. There was too much data so it wouldn't show. I had to select a filter for it to appear on the pdf report.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I figured it out. There was too much data so it wouldn't show. I had to select a filter for it to appear on the pdf report.

v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

After my tests, I did not reproduce your question.
Refer to this document to check the considerations and limitations of exporting reports to PDF.

And whether to export current values or default values when you choose to export, selecting Default to export the report to its original state can cause your problems.

You can also try changing browsers or reopening the report in private mode for export.

If the above does not help, can you please share a pbix file with some dummy data to test?

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately I am unable to send a test file. It says it's unspported when I try to drag and drop. I can try a different way with a link if you'd like?

I did review the document and I didn't see anything that would be a factor. 

I was exporting current values and I tried on another browser and got the same issue. 

I did try your file and the map did show when I tried to export. I do have a lot of data so maybe that's why? Yours look smaller. 

I tried filtering mine more and it did show up when it was filtered down. 

So it looks like probably there was too much data to support showing the map unfortunately.

I am having this same problem today, for the first time.  I have been able to export maps in powerbi reports to PDF successfully for months, but the maps do not export today.   My published reports are on this server:  https://app.powerbigov.us/

Has the server been updated?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors