Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

raymon-shibbu

Map PowerBI Refresh ID to Request ID in the logs generated by Power BI Gateway

Hello Everyone,

My company has multiple datasets that need to be refreshed, and they have been taking a long time to complete. I'm trying to identify if the issue is with the Capacity, Source, or Gateway server. To troubleshoot, I've enabled gateway logs and can see the following log files generated in the folder:

C:\xxx\xxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\On-premises data gateway\Report

- OpenConnectionReport
- QueryExecutionReport
- QueryStartReport
- QueryStreamingReport
- QueryExecutionAggregationReport
- SystemCounterAggregationReport

In the report refresh, I can see the Request ID or Activity ID. My question is, is there a way to map this request ID to the requests ID in the logs?

refresh historyrefresh history

Best Regards
Raymon

4 REPLIES 4
v-yilong-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @raymon-shibbu ,

Have you solved your problem? If so, can you share your solution here and mark the correct answer as a standard answer to help other members find it faster? Thank you very much for your kind cooperation!

Best Regards

Yilong Zhou

raymon-shibbu

@lbendlin Yes we are on Dec 2023 version of Gateway. Will this be answered if I raise a service ticket to Microsoft. And regarding Mashup Evaluation report I have files with MashupYYYYMMDDHHMMSS in the log path is this the same. I could see the data from October 2023. Is this related to enabling Additional Logging?

no, not related to Additional Logging.

If you have a Pro license you can open a Pro ticket at https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/newsupportticket/powerbi

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You seem to be running an older gateway version. There is also 

MashupEvaluationReport

which also has Request ID.

We have asked the same question to Microsoft multiple times, and they are extremely unforthcoming about this. They don't want us to know these details.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors