My dataset in PowerBI Service has some scheduled refreshes, the button is ON, all the schedules are showing up, but they never start (hence no refresh errors).
I can refresh the dataset manually without problems.
It is connected to a dataflow and an SQL server.
P.S. the dataflow has similar refresh schedule and it works.
Same issue is happening here, started yesterday. No gateway in use for this file.
Other datasets and dataflows in the same workspace are refreshing via scheduled refresh without issues.
Scheduled refresh is also working when published to "my workspace" with the same exact file.
Currently trying to change the credentials that I'm using to gather the dataflow data, see if that works for some strange reason.
Edit update: Exact same file in the exact same workspace published with a different name allows automatic refresh to work, but the main one does not. I'm unsure what to do short of removing the dataset and republishing. (Giant pain in the rear...
So I've been troubleshooting this since the last message. It appears that scheduled refresh still refuses to work. I've submitted a support ticket with Microsoft directly.
In the meanwhile, I've setup PowerAutomate to automatically refresh the dataset at set intervals (Like PowerBi Service's Scheduled Refresh). This is working (Uses API to refresh).
Update: 2 of my refreshes went through this early morning... 6 more to go. I'll see what happens next. Could be that updating the credentials under "Manage connections and gateways -> Data Source" helped, but I did that before the last scheduled refresh yesterday and that one didn't go through.
I've got my ticket submitted with Microsoft, hopefully they have a resolution today.
For now I'm just refreshing via API. Seems to work fine.