Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Victor_Jiang

Lost access to all Fabric features

Our company is currently evaluating Fabric. A few days ago, some colleagues and me all used up the 60 days fabric trial period, but we noticed there's a extend trial button on the web page so we all clicked that and filled in all necessary information, however after that they got an extend Fabric Trial of another 60 days but I just got PPU Trial, other than the Fabric Trial.

What is worse, I found myself lost access to all Fabric features:

(1) No Experience selector on the bottom left corner of the page - and seems always lock to Power BI;

(2) No Fabric items (lakehouse, warehouse, etc.) when trying to creating work items, no matter at which workspace (trial capacity / fabric capacity) - just Power BI Items only;

(3) Shows PPU Trial instead of Fabric Trial;

Additionally, no longer able to open existing any Fabric work item in My Workspace (says some error like 404), but able to open Fabric work items in any other workspace.

Victor_Jiang_0-1718939480616.png

So, I'm wondering if there's any way to restore Fabric features for this account? As far as I know, Fabric items should even work on free users as long as the workspace is fabric capable, but no idea why my account doesn't have fabric at all. BTW my colleagues are all good - still able to work on fabric well.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Victor_Jiang ,

You can verify the status of your trial in the Account Manager. It should indicate whether you are on a Fabric trial or a PPU trial.

If you are on a Fabric trial, make sure that you have correctly allocated the workspace to the fabric trial capacity.

More information about Fabric trial capacity:
Fabric trial capacity - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

If you are not, you can contact the team to extend your trial or consider purchasing Fabric license.

Best Regards,

Ada Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Victor_Jiang ,

You can verify the status of your trial in the Account Manager. It should indicate whether you are on a Fabric trial or a PPU trial.

If you are on a Fabric trial, make sure that you have correctly allocated the workspace to the fabric trial capacity.

More information about Fabric trial capacity:
Fabric trial capacity - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

If you are not, you can contact the team to extend your trial or consider purchasing Fabric license.

Best Regards,

Ada Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Sept PBI Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - September 2024

Check out the September 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

September Hackathon Carousel

Microsoft Fabric & AI Learning Hackathon

Learn from experts, get hands-on experience, and win awesome prizes.

Sept NL Carousel

Fabric Community Update - September 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors