Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jakesh
Frequent Visitor

Logic App Unexpected Error Failed to fetch

Hello!

I am trying to run a Logic App workflow to extract data as CSV from the Power BI service under the action "Run a query against a dataset".

The DAX query works fine per DAX Studio. I put in the correct Workspace ID and Dataset ID. However, I continue getting the error in this step: "Unexpected Error Failed to fetch".

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
GavinMAX

If you are getting this same error when trying to view the step by step view of a logic app that has previously run, make sure the URL of the logic app is visible behind the company firewall! Caught me out in the past, and is an annoying issue to find the answer to... 

i.e https://your-logic-app-url.azurewebsites.net

(which you can get from the main Logic App (Standard) page)

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @jakesh 

If the client machine (that you use to browse the run history) doesn’t have access to the Logic App, if it has any network restrictions, you may get above error.

Please check if the solution in this thread could help.

Common errors in Azure Logic Apps (Standard) - Unexpected error. Failed to fetch  

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Thanks so much @v-easonf-msft 

In that link you posted I found out no end points were turned on. The only issue remaining issue was the Access Restriction. I went ahead an added my IP address to the access restriction. However, I am still getting the same error.

Do you think I need to add a user principal in Power BI app, or the storage need sto be Gen 1 to work, or do I need to add another parameter in the IP address fields?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors