Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MarkDGaal
Helper III
Helper III

Linking a Tile to another Tile?

I'm trying to mimic "drill-down" behavior for a visualization that doesn't have drill down functionality (area chart) and noticed something interesting on my Power BI dashboard.....

Each time you enlarge a visual (bring it "InFocus") the URL changes slightly..... which got me thinking would it be possible to point a Tile to another Tile because they all have unique URLs that look like this when enlarged:

"tiles/7b29374f-e88f-4e24-8986-8b6b62f42303/infocus"

So I attempted to point my first tile to my second tile which then points back to the original tile, but no dice.... has anyone found a clever workaround to this problem/is it possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@MarkDGaal What I've done to link tiles between two dashboards is to first edit a tile and setting a custom link to another tile.

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@MarkDGaal What I've done to link tiles between two dashboards is to first edit a tile and setting a custom link to another tile.

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Hi @ankitpatira , I've tried that and even with "open link in same tab" there doesn't appear to be a way to make the visual link "infocus" which makes the transition kinda akward. I was hoping that there was some way that made it appear as if you were just cyling through tiles rather seemlessly. I'm kinda amiss as to why the specific URL for a tile on the same dashboard can't accomplish this... 

If there isn't another way I'll mark your solution as solved given that it can be handy if you wanted to have a summary visualization and then have more similar items diplaying details about that visualization (that dont make sense to place into a "legend" field; e.g. Scales are too dissimillar) in another linked dashboard.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors