Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

bchager6
Super User
Super User

Line and clustered column chart behavior in the Service

Hi all.

I am seeing differences in how data is displayed within a line and clustered column chart in the desktop version of Power BI versus what I'm seeing in the Service. I've tried tweaking formatting settings with no luck. I'm wondering if it could be due to the desktop version I have to use (Feb. 2021) not being as up to date as what's in the Service. Maybe there are settings in newer versions of Power BI that I don't have access to, but need to. Thoughts? Looks like a Y-axis issue.

Below is the desktop view and what I'd expect to see:

line and stacked desktop.png

Below is the view in the Service and not what I'd expect to see.  Note the straight line.

line and stacked in the app.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@v-eqin-msftThank you for checking. It's resolved now. None of the tweaks I made fixed it, so I suspect it was something temporary within the service. Not sure.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bchager6 ,

Thanks for your quick feedback😀

Could you please consider Accept my reply as the solution as well if it make a little sense for you?

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bchager6 ,

Baed on my test, outputs in service is the same as what in Desktop:

in Desktop and in service.PNG

Actually,It's recommanded to always use the latest version of Power BI.

My Power BI Desktop is the latest version: 2.93.641.0(May 2021). Please upgrade yours to this version and have a try again.

latest version.PNG

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-eqin-msftThank you for checking. It's resolved now. None of the tweaks I made fixed it, so I suspect it was something temporary within the service. Not sure.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors