Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

zapps
Frequent Visitor

Limit on Failures for Scheduled Refresh?

Hello,

My company has many of our reports scheduled to refresh Daily, which means they still try to refresh on Saturday and Sunday when no one is here (no computers are on either so the datasets have just been failing their refresh).  This weekend, when our reports failed to refresh, the PBI Service disabled the scheduled refresh on most of them.  We do not want to change the scheduled refresh to weekly since we cannot set subscriptions to send daily if our datasets are set to refresh weekly.  Most of the refreshes that were disabled were set to refresh 1-2 times per day.

Is there a limit to how many times Power BI will attempt to refresh a dataset before disabling the scheduled refresh?  I could not find any documentation on how many times Scheduled Refresh will attempt to refresh the data before disabling the refresh.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Zapps

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @zapps,

AFAIK, scheduled refresh limit of pro user is 8 times per day, you can take a look at below document to know more about this:

Power BI Premium - what is it?

Shared capacity Power BI Premium capacity
Refresh rate 8/day 48/day

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft,

I am looking for information on Scheduled Refreshes automatically disabling.  It seems like after the reports in question failed a certain number of times, the Scheduled refresh disabled itself.  Is there any documentation from Microsoft on this?

Scheduled Refresh Disabled.PNG

HI @zapps,

Unfortunately, I haven't found official document mentioned these.
For your scenario, I think it means scheduled refresh has reached to daily limit, so it alert 'scheduled refresh has been disabled and will refresh next time'.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors