Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

OneWithQuestion
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Licensing: bundle with E3 or do we have to purchase and pay each Power BI license on credit card?

For our E3 Office 365 license, we were looking at adding Power BI but what we find indicates that adding it per user requires a separate monthly payment, and there does not appear to be a way to bundle it with our E3 license.

Our reseller seemed very unsure about how to do this as well, I assume that there must be other ways to do this rather than get a seperate Power BI user bill generated (vs bundling under existing licenses for E3)?

Anyone else doing this or is everyone just paying for each Power BI license on a per license as the bill arrives instance?

2 REPLIES 2
andre
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@OneWithQuestion you may want to take a look at the new E5 option and see if it works better for you.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

If your LAR can't figure it out, someone from Microsoft is going to have to chime in, and not just anyone at Microsoft, but someone at Microsoft at actually understands Microsoft licensing...

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors